Book Review: Illusions (Wings #3) by Aprilynne Pike

 



Title Of Book: Illusions (Wings #3)

Author: Aprilynne Pike

Publisher: HarperTeen

Rating - 5 Stars

Level – Young adult

Genre – Urban Fantasy

Source – Hardback (purchased)


Summary from Goodreads

"I don't do patrols, I don't go hunting, I just stick close to you. You live your life, I'll keep you safe," Tamani said, sweeping a lock of hair from her face. "Or die trying."

Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life returns to normal, Laurel realizes that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible.


My Review

Illusions is the third installment in the Wings series.  Each installment just keeps getting better!  I couldn't put it down!  It has it all faeries, magic, romance and so much more!

 

Illusions starts off on the first day of school.  Laurel and David start their day off happy together.  Then they turn around in the hallway and find Tamani and Yuki there as new students.  Laurel is shocked because she hasn't seen Tamani in awhile and doesn't know what is going on.  They pretend that they don't know each other and just go about their day.  Then once Chelsea meets Tamani she wants to know everything there is about faeries and Avalon.  Later Tamani fills Laurel in on what is going on and why he is a student at Laurel's high school.  Everything is going good but then Laurel starts to question if she really wants to be with David or if she wants to be with Tamani.  She is just tired of David's jealousy.  Then there is the whole thing with figuring out what Klea is up to, who she really is and can they trust her.  Yuki does what Klea says but who and what is she really?  Oh and I can't forget about the trolls.  They are still after Laurel but for what reason?

 

I loved this book as much or more than the previous installments.  Each book just keeps getting better.  I love the characters and I was really interested in learning more about Yuki.  I was starting to agree with Laurel about David's attitude towards Tamani.  But while trying to figure out her feelings for each guy she also has to watch Tamani get closet to Yuki.  What will happen next?  Will Tamani move on with Yuki or is it all fake?  The story is so good from the beginning to end.  The ending is so suspenseful and shocking.  I think I was as shocked as the characters in the book with what they find out.  I can't wait to read the next book in this series.  I recommend this book if you love fantasy, magic and romance!


Connect with the author: Goodreads    Website    Twitter     Facebook    Instagram


Comments