Book Review: Evernight (Evernight #1) by Claudia Gray

 



Title Of Book: Evernight (Evernight #1) 

Author: Claudia Gray

Publisher: Harper Teen

Rating - 5 Stars

Level – Young adult

Genre – Urban Fantasy

Source – Paperback (purchased)


Summary – From Goodreads

Bianca wants to escape.

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.
 


My Review

Evernight is such an awesome book. I could not put it down, I just wanted to keep reading! The author has done a great job with the story and the writing. I was surprised that the vampire human relationship was opposite of what it usually is in books that I read.

The story starts out with Bianca and her parents having just moved into Evernight Academy, a boarding school on the East coast. She is not happy to have moved away from her small town and doesn't want to go to school at Evernight. Her parents are teachers at the school.

One morning before school starts for the year she meets a new student, Lucas. It starts out as her wanting to run away and him wanting to protect her from something or someone. Then it quickly turns into a romantic relationship between them. But they don't have any idea what the other one really is. Things go from somewhat normal to really chaotic fast. Someone is stalking a new student, another student comes up missing and there is more drama going on.

I enjoyed a majority of the characters. Bianca, Lucas and Balthazar were my favorites. I did like Vic and Patrice too. Each character brought something different to the story. I hope in future books that we get the back story of each of these characters.

I loved reading Evernight. It is set at a boarding school, has forbidden romance, vampires and vampire hunters all in one book. These are some of my favorite things in a book. Along with lots of action and suspense. It seemed like every chapter had a surprise that threw me and a new twist and turn all the time. I recommend reading this if you love these type of books. It was so good and you will not be disappointed!
 

Find the author –  Goodreads     Website     Twitter     Pinterest     Facebook     Instagram


Comments

  1. That sounds like a book that I would probably enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading it and am now reading the second book. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great review you have here. I am always on the lookout for a differing perspective on vampire romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoyed reading it and am enjoying the second book that I'm reading now. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment