Book Review: Hex Marks The Spot (Drop Dead Witchy #1) by Ani Gonzalez

 



Title Of Book: Hex Marks The Spot (Drop Dead Witchy #1)

Author: Ani Gonzalez

Publisher: Ani Gonzalez

Rating - 5 Stars

Level – Adult

Genre – Urban Fantasy

Source – e-book (review copy)


Summary from Goodreads

Going to Hell is easy. Going back home is a different story.

They say you can never go back. I wish that was the case.

Returning home is complicated when you’re a necromancer and your hometown is the Most Haunted in America. It doesn’t help that your pet hellhound chihuahua thinks the place is a dump, and it gets worse when your high school crush is still there and still dead sexy. Literally, as he’s now a ghost.

Oh, and did I mention that I have to save the world? Yes, that too.


My Review

Hex Marks The Spot is such a wonderful, funny and magical read! I loved it and couldn't put it down. It has it all, necromancer magic, vampires, ghosts, demons and so much more.

Claire is a necromancer, a witch that deals with the dead and the star of her television show where she visits and films haunted places. She has moved back to her home town of Banshee Creek and is in the process of purchasing her family home, The Delacourt Manor. The only problem is that she can't move in because there is a creature that can kill her inside. She is trying to work with and at the same time get information from PRoVE, a government paranormal agency. Then there is dealing with ghosts like her dead, hot high school crush and her hundreds of years old aunt. There is so much other paranormal things going on in the story too.

I loved all the characters, especially Claire, Pookie, Honoria and Cole. Pookie made me laugh so much throughout the story and Honoria reminded me of being a teenager. The story had me pulled in from the first page to the end. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. I highly recommend reading it!


Connect with the author

Goodreads    Twitter    Facebook    Pinterest    Instagram



Comments