Book Review: Spells (Wings #2) by Aprilynne Pike

 



Title Of Book: Spells (Wings #2)

Author: Aprilynne Pike

Publisher: HarperTeen

Rating - 4 Stars

Level – Young adult

Genre – Urban Fantasy

Source – Hardback (purchased)


Summary from Goodreads

"I can't just storm in and proclaim my intentions. I can't 'steal' you away. I just have to wait and hope that, someday, you'll ask," Tamani said.


"And if I don't?" Laurel said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Then I guess I'll be waiting forever."


Although Laurel has come to accept her true identity as a faerie, she refuses to turn her back on her human life - and especially her boyfriend, David - to return to the faerie world.

But when she is summoned to Avalon, Laurel's feelings for the charismatic faerie sentry Tamani are undeniable. She is forced to make a choice - a choice that could break her heart.


My Review

Spells is a magical story that intertwines a magical faerie realm with human life. I really enjoyed reading this sequel and am excited to read the other books in the series!

The story in this sequel to Wings starts out with Laurel leaving for the Summer to attend the Academy in Avalon. While there she gets to spend some time with Tamani and gets to learn things about Avalon and faerie life. She doesn't really fit in too much with the other faeries though. I was just starting to enjoy her time there and then she went back to her human family and friends. I felt her time in Avalon was a bit short but I loved how the story really picked up once she returned to her human life.

I love Laurel and David's relationship. He is the one human that is always there for her. I also really like Tamani so I am always trying to decide who I am rooting for to win Laurel's whole heart. Laurel's mom disappointed me at times of how she was towards Laurel being a faerie, but her dad was great. I enjoyed the new characters that were brought into the story. The suspense will keep you on the edge of your seat while you are enjoying swoon worthy moments between Laurel and David.

I love how the author combines romance, faeries and trolls to create such a wonderful story. I was a bit shocked at the ending with Laurel and Tamani but I am looking forward to see where the story goes from here. Overall a great book that I recommend reading!


Connect with the author: Goodreads   Website   Twitter   Facebook   Instagram



Comments