Book Review: Arabesque (Wings #5) By Aprilynne Pike

 



Title Of Book: Arabesque (Wings #5)

Author: Aprilynne Pike

Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Rating - 4 Stars

Level – Young adult

Genre – Urban Fantasy

Source – Paperback (purchased)


Summary from Goodreads

More than ten years after the events of DESTINED, Laurel and Tamani get a visit from their niece, Rowen—an orphaned Summer faerie with a passion for ballet.

To succeed at the Scazio Dance Academy in California, Rowen must learn to get along with the humans she despises. But an ancient mystery sends Tamani scrambling for answers and threatens to upend Rowen's best-laid plans!

Book Five of the Wings series.
 


My Review

I have read all the books in this series and was happy to get to read a story about Rowen.  Arabesque takes place about 12 years after Destined ended.  I really enjoyed reading it and loved characters from the series and getting to meet new characters in this book.

Tamani and Laurel are living in California and are waiting on their sprout to bloom.  While getting back from a trip to Avalon they find out that their niece Rowen, now a teenager wants to come to California and live among humans.  She is involved in ballet in Avalon but wants to study ballet in the human realm. 

I found myself laughing at and feeling for Rowen at the same time.  She has to learn about everything in the human world.  Not just what things are called but also how everything is different from what she is used to in Avalon.  Rowen is a wonderful ballet dancer and is quickly accepted into a prestigious ballet dance school in San Francisco. 

The book mainly focuses on Rowen at her ballet school.  We get to meet some new characters from Rowen’s school.  I didn’t really like Megan at first but as Rowen got to know more about her I came around to liking her more.  Mitchell who is Rowen’s dance partner was a fun character and made me laugh at times.  Shawn was a fun love interest for Rowen.  I really like them together.  We don’t get to see much of Laurel and just a brief glimpse of Chelsea as the story is mainly about Rowen. 

There is some other things that happen that could potentially affect humans and the faeries in Avalon.  This is something that involves Tamani, Rowen, her friends and even someone from Avalon that I was shocked to see.  I don’t want to give anything away so that is all I will say about that.  The last part of the book was the most action packed and had some twists and turns.  Overall a really good book that I enjoyed reading.  I wish there were more in this series or even a spin off with Rowen as the main character.  


Connect with the author: Goodreads  Website  Twitter  Facebook  Instagram


Comments

Post a Comment