Book Blogger Hop - April 22-28, 2022

 



April 22-28, 2022


This week's question

Do you finish reading every book that you have slotted for a review? 

(submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)


My answer

Yes, I almost always finish reading every book that I have for a review.  I make sure to find out what the book is about first before I accept it for review.  I do let the author, publisher or representative know that there is a chance that I will not finish it or post a review if it is not something that I enjoy reading.  I also have this information posted on my blog.



Comments

  1. I always make sure I research a book before saying yes, and to make sure I don't give a timespan, that makes me stressed. Every now and then I clean up the list and tell authors that I'm sorry but can't make it to write the review.
    I'm a firm believer of someone that is not excited to read a book, will never rate it the way it should be? If you know what I mean? So sometimes I have said yes, but don't feel the same way a few months later...

    I currently have a 200+ list, so I don't accept that much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, I can not imagine having over 200 review books! That would take me years to get to all of them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I look at the book first. And also check the number of pages to see if I can fit it in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good. Sometimes I forget to check to see how many pages a book is. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Letting the rep/author know before hand, that there's no guarantees, is smart. I wondered how that worked, when you accept books from the people who create them...What if you wind up thinking the book is unreadable and these people have the expectation that you're going to finish...

    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2022/04/friday-book-blog-hop_01037462337.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always let the rep or author know that I will not review it if it's not something that I enjoy or don't finish. If they choose to have me read and possibly review the book than great but if not that is alright too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment