Book Review: The Last Keeper (The Warminster Series Book 1) by J.V. Hilliard

 



Title Of Book: The Last Keeper (The Warminster Series Book 1)

Author: J.V. Hilliard

Publisher: Dragon Moon Press

Rating - 5 Stars

Level – Young Adult

Genre – Fantasy

Source –  e-book (review copy)


Summary – From Goodreads

A young boy’s prophetic visions.
Blind at birth, Daemus Alaric is blessed with the gift of prophetic Sight. Now, as a Keeper of the Forbidden, he must use his powers of the Sight to foil the plans of a fallen Keeper, Graytorris the Mad.

An elven Princess with a horrifying secret.
Princess Addilyn Elspeth travels from Eldwal, the magically hidden home of the Vermilion elves, to begin her life as a diplomat to the human capital of Castleshire. During her journey, she stumbles upon a mystical creature foretelling ill tidings.

A terrifying force of evil.
Daemus’ recurring nightmare vision threatens to catapult him into a terrifying struggle that will leave the fate of the Keepers—and the realm—hanging in the balance. Daemus and Princess Addilyn must set out to face the menace that threatens their very existence.

Will the entire realm fall to its knees?
The Last Keeper is the first book in The Warminster Series. With gripping, epic action and heart-pounding adventure, you’ll love this new adventure series.


My Review

The Last Keeper is an epic fantasy tale that I didn't want to stop reading. I was pulled in and hooked from the first page to the last page. The story building, plot and characters are all well thought out and written. It was one of the best fantasy books that I have read.


Daemus was born blind but is blessed with prophetic sight. He has quite the journey throughout the story. Addilyn is a princess who has her own adventures and story to tell. Throughout the book we meet so many interesting characters. I really enjoyed all the characters even though some were not meant to be likeable. They all had interesting backgrounds and I loved how they all seemed to be mixed in with another characters. While I really liked Daemus and Addilyn, I also really enjoyed Ritter. I hope that we get to know more about him in future books and I hope that something becomes between him and Addilyn. I liked how the author brought pretty much everyone together in the same place in the end.

There was so much action, suspense and adventure that I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. The action and adventure never stops. I was shocked and surprised with how it ended. It will leave you wanting more and I need to know what is going to happen next to Faux. The author wrote an amazing book and I am excited to continue reading this series. I would recommend reading this if you enjoy fantasy. You will not be disappointed. This e-book was provided to me for an honest review.


Connect with the author

Goodreads     Website     Twitter     Facebook     Instagram

Comments

  1. What a great review and what a rating! I can see that you loved this one here and fantasy is so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a really fun and adventurous fantasy book.

      Delete

Post a Comment