Book Review: Stake That! (Blood Coven Vampire #2) by Mari Mancusi

 


Title Of Book: Stake That! (Blood Coven Vampire #2)

Author: Mari Mancusi

Publisher: Berkley Jam Books

Rating - 4 Stars

Level – Young adult

Genre – Urban Fantasy.

Source – Paperback - purchased


Summary – From Goodreads

All I want is to be a vampire. But nooo-I have to be Rayne MacDonald, Vampire Slayer....


Sisters. They'll swipe your clothes, your boyfriends, your destiny. But it wasn't exactly my twin Sunny's fault. Magnus, vampire hottie and coven leader, mistook her for me last month and bit her instead. Now they're doing the inter-species dating thing.

But back to me. Turns out that for every generation, there's a Vampire Slayer-and this time around, it just happens to be yours truly. My first mission: infiltrate a seedy vamp bar downtown and expose its vampire owner for purposely spreading a blood disease he created himself. A task almost harder than passing trig.

After going it alone once, I realize I need help. So Magnus sends his hot homey Jareth to go undercover with me. And let me just say I wouldn't mind going under the covers with him. Maybe fate doesn't bite after all...


My Review

Stake That! is the second installment in the Blood Coven series. It was such a light and fun book to read.

In this installment the book is centered around Rayne, the goth version of the McDonald twins the entire book. The first book was all about Sunshine, aka Sunny who is Rayne's twin sister but the complete opposite of her. Now that Sunny is no longer a vampire she is dating Magnus, the head of the vampire coven. Rayne however has been chosen to be the next vampire slayer. What does that mean for her vampire friends?

Rayne is given the task to find out about Maverick, a bad vampire and blood bar owner. He is spreading a virus to blood donors who are then spreading it to their vampire hosts. The vampires are becoming ill and even losing their vamp powers. It is up to Rayne to figure out how to stop this and slay the evil vampire in the process. But what she was not expecting was to team up with the hot, mysterious vampire Jareth.

I enjoyed reading this from beginning to end. Rayne is just so funny and so different from Sunny that I found myself smiling and laughing throughout. I liked how the story ended in this book but I am also excited to see what is going to happen next with these fun, vampire loving twins!


Connect with the author    Goodreads  Website  Twitter  TikTok  Instagram


Comments