Book Review: Wake (Wake #1) by Lisa McMann

 



Title Of Book: Wake (Wake #1) 

Author: Lisa McMann

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Rating - 5 stars

Level – Young adult

Genre – Urban Fantasy

Source – Paperback (purchased)

Summary – From Goodreads


My Review

I wasn't sure what to think about it when I first started reading Wake. However shortly after starting it I loved it and couldn't put it down. The characters and the story just draw you in from the start.

Janie lives with her single mom, who is an alcoholic and could care less what Janie does. They live on the wrong side of town. Janie's best friend Carrie lives next door. Carrie is also friends with Janie's enemies, the rich kids. Janie is a dream catcher. If someone falls asleep close to where she is, on a train, in the library, etc. she is pulled into their dreams even though she is awake. She has seen so many things that she doesn't care to see or find out about someone. Then there is Cabel, the hot but mysterious guy who lives a couple of streets over from Janie. She is not sure what to make of him, is he a drug dealer, a murderer or something else.

I loved how the book was set up between real life and others dreams, something different than I am used to reading. As I stated before I could not put this down, it was so interesting and fun to read. There is mystery, romance and fun all mixed together. I recommend reading this as I don't think you will be disappointed. I am excited to start the next book in this series!

Connect with the author  Goodreads   Website   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   TikTok


Comments