Book Review: Fade (Wake #2) by Lisa McMann


 Title Of Book: Fade (Wake #2) 

Author: Lisa McMann

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Rating - 5 stars

Level – Young adult

Genre – Urban Fantasy

Source – Paperback (purchased)


Summary – From Goodreads

SOME NIGHTMARES NEVER END.

For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.

Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability -- and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....

My Review

I loved the first book and this second one was even better. I read it so fast which is unusual for me. I just couldn't put it down, it was so good!

Janie and Cabel are still dating but can't be seen together because of a secret assignment they are both a part of. Janie is still getting sucked into other's dreams and it is starting to affect her vison more and more. The dreams and nightmares are worse than ever before. When they learn of some disturbing things that are going on at their high school Janie and Cabel need to work together to solve the case. When things don't end up going as planned it starts to affect Janie and Cabel's relationship. What will their future hold, not just for their relationship but also their individual lives. I have to say that while I love reading about Janie and Cabel, I also really like the police captain. She is always there for both Janie and Cabel whenever they need her.

I don't want to say anymore because I could just gush about all the details but I won't. You need to read this trilogy if you haven't started it already. It is so good as I said before. The author's writing, the plot, the characters, everything will just suck you in from the first page and not let you go. I felt like I was being drawn into one of Janie's dreams but this one was great! I recommend this trilogy if you are looking for something different that you won't want to put down. I don't think you will not be disappointed. I am going to start reading the last book in the trilogy and see what happens next.


Connect with the author  Goodreads   Website   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   TikTok

Comments