Book Review: Gone (Wake #3) by Lisa McMann


Title Of Book: Gone (Wake #3) 

Author: Lisa McMann

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Rating - 5 stars

Level – Young adult/New Adult

Genre – Urban Fantasy

Source – Hardcover (purchased)


Summary – From Goodreads

Things should be great for Janie—she has graduated from high school and is spending her summer with Cabel, the guy she’s totally in love with. But deep down she’s panicking about how she’s going to survive her future when getting sucked into other people’s dreams is really starting to take its toll.
Things get even more complicated when she meets her father for the very first time—and he’s in a coma. As Janie uncovers his secret past, she begins to realize that the choice thought she had has more dire consequences than she ever imagined.


 My Review

Gone is the final book in the Wake trilogy.  I have loved each book in this amazing, interestingly written trilogy.  I wish there were more books but I am happy with what there is.  I recommend you read this trilogy as it is so good!

This one starts not long after the last book ended.  Janie and Cabel have graduated high school and are going to try to enjoy their summer.  They start out good with his brother and sister in law at the lake.  It's not long though before Janie is called home to deal with some things.  She has no idea how her life will change and what revelations will be revealed to her. 

I loved Janie and Cabel's relationship, how they are there for each other no matter what.  Janie is worried about what her life will become as a dream catcher and how it will affect her relationship with Cabel.  I also really liked Carrie and Captain, they both made me laugh reading all three of these books.  There was romance, friendship along with emotion and heartbreak.  It was hard on Janie to meet her father for the first time as he is in a coma.  If you want to find out what his dreams reveal you will have to read the book to find out. 

As I said before, I wish there were more books that told more of Janie and Cabel's story.  The author did a great job bringing everything together but at the same time there is a lot of loose ends and the story is kind of left open to where the author could continue the story if they ever decided to.  For now though, I guess I will just imagine where the characters are in the future and what their life would be like now.  I loved this trilogy and will definitely read more books from this author in the future!


Connect with the author  Goodreads   Website   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   TikTok


Comments